An outbreak of an infectious virus that causes polio like paralysis is concerning health officials. The same virus has led to hundreds of deaths in China.
Five children including one in Victorian have suffered from a polio like virus this year because of severe complications from the strain known as as C4A.
Dr Bruce Thorley of the Victorian infectious diseases reference laboratory said the strain had been circulating in asia for some time but was only now being detected in Australia.
Did you know that you could easily connect with The Page Indian Australian Newspaper online?!
Just by connecting to our Facebook Page, Twitter Feed, our YouTube Channel or just read The Page online by clicking ‘Read the latest edition!’ on our home page.
The new advisory board consists of:
1. Dr. Sarbjinder Singh, Professor & Head, Department of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Studies, Punjabi University, Patiala.
2. Dr. Joga Singh, Professor & Head, Department of Linguistics & Punjabi Lexicography, Punjabi University, Patiala.
3. Dr. Gurbax Singh, Professor, Department of Linguistics & Punjabi Lexicography, Punjabi University, Patiala.
4. Dr. Guljar Singh Kang, Professor, Centre for Studies in Sri Guru Granth Sahib, Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar.
5. Dr. Gurpal Singh, Professor, Punjabi Department, Punjabi University, Chandigarh